Wednesday, October 17, 2007

aestetic cont

Pre-production:
For this project I have a plan, a plan to depict the way it feels when I get thrown through my morning and in to the new day. The way I see it, I’m attempting to illustrate the ‘oh shit’ feeling we all sometimes have. Functionally the video will show my route to school (the art + design building) in several different modes; bike, car, bus, and maybe via walking. Then this footage will be sped up, way up. my hope is that a very hurried and emergency tone will then coat the footage. once I have it to this state I might chop it all up and mix it, this would be done to yield a nice ‘tripped’ feeling to the footage. No real theatrical value to this other then it would be fun to watch. I want to use the song “ feel the pain’ by Dinosaur jr.. I think that the melody, tone and even the lyrics are all fitting to this piece.
The feelings that are going through my head are that time is running, and you’re almost out. That there is a bit of life passing, that you must be at pace with the time (now). Panic, mortality, youth fleeting, the feeling of urgency. All these things are to be experienced whilst viewing my film.
Shot list:
As stated above I wish to compile footage shot from mounted camera poisons, this will hopefully yield a very combat feeling compositions and texture to the piece. I think it will end up very saving privet Ryan.

I will go bike, car, walking, and bus. If it goes long I’ll drop either walking (most likely or the bus they are the two longest). As far as the actual shots go, I plain to just watch what is going on and do it in a on the fly documentary style. Shooting what is captivating through the lens at that time.

LOG:
I feel that the completed shot footage is solid. I like it on the computer , at the quickened pace, on the ipod format export it looks overwhelming at times. Witch I do not like but cannot alter other then a more full export. I tried to improve the ‘laggyer’ slower paced footage by mixing a quicker part of the song over toughs areas of the film.

No comments: